Radiator and Pipe Installation
This course aims to enable those attending to install radiator heating systems by working from a given design, with an emphasis on practical skills.
An overview of design is given so that installers have an understanding of why things are done the way they are.
The format is a mixture of classroom and practical sessions involving building a small working underfloor heating system run from a hydronic heat pump.
In addition to hands-on practical learning and visual presentations on the related theory, attendees receive a step-by-step manual with photographs and diagrams.
- General introduction to radiators, different types and key specifications
- Key parts of radiators and how they work
- Radiator valves and connections
- Practical aspects of radiator selection and positioning
- Heat distribution methods
- Control of radiator systems
- Get to know the parts of a radiator and what else is needed for an installation
- Pre-pipe timber framed wall for radiator installation
- Hang radiator using supplied brackets
- Connect pipes to the radiators using a valve block and connectors
- Commissioning radiator system using a real heat source
Attendees will be able to try out a range of tools available for installing radiators.