The main objective of this course is to enable those attending to install underfloor heating systems working from a given design, with the emphasis being on practical skills.
An overview of design is given so that installers have an understanding of why things are done the way they are. (To learn more about central heating system design, try our Design and Sales course.)
The format is a mixture of classroom and practical sessions involving building a small working underfloor heating system run from a hydronic heat pump. In addition to hands-on practical learning and visual presentations on the related theory, attendees receive a step-by-step manual with photographs and diagrams.
14 CPD Points (Plumbers only)
- General introduction to underfloor hydronic heating systems
- Compliance issues relating to underfloor
- Key design aspects of underfloor heating systems
- Control of underfloor heating systems
- Lay primary pipes
- Marking out pipe laying area
- Pipe laying methods
- Repairing damaged pipes
- Pressure testing
- Installing a manifold
- Connect pipes to manifold
- Commissioning hydronic UF systems
Attendees will be able to try out a range of tools available for installing underfloor systems.