A geothermal heat pump or ground source heat pump (GSHP) is a central heating and/or cooling system that transfers heat to or from the ground.
Ground source heat pumps use the earth, or a body of water, as a heat source in winter and as a heat sink during summer. This design takes advantage of the moderate temperatures in the ground to boost efficiency and reduce the operational costs of heating and cooling systems.
Climaveneta by DeLonghi manufacture extremely efficient and environmentally friendly GSHPs. Setup costs are significantly higher than conventional central heating solutions, but the difference is returned in energy savings during the life span of the system.
- Ground source heat pumps are much cheaper to run than conventional central heating systems.
- Because GSHP can be fully automated they demand much less work than biomass boilers and there is no need to manage fuel deliveries
- GSHPs are safe. There is no combustion involved and no gas emission. No flues are required.
- GSHPs require less maintenance than combustion based heating systems. They also have a longer life than combustion boilers.
- GSHPs are safe, silent, unobtrusive and out-of-sight
- A well designed ground source heat pump system will increase the value of your property.
- In order to retain efficiency (and low running costs) and to keep the system running smoothly, we recommend biennial servicing for geothermal heat pumps.
Find out if a geothermal ground-source heat pump is right for you by contacting us now.